Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life at Hexaware

Life at Hexaware

First job is like a First love. It is always pleasant to think about both. I graduated in the year 2006 and joined Hexaware as fresher. I was given a month training in Pollachi. The climate of Pollachi in July was as cool as the climate of Chennai in December. Hexaware training head stated that “Training period is like a honeymoon period” I don’t know about ‘honeymoon’ but I enjoyed training period very well and if his statement is true then I am sure that my honeymoon must be nice!!!.
From the first day to last day of the training in Pollachi i had enough number of C,C++,Java and soft skill sessions. The best part is yoga sessions at 6:30 am. Almost sleeping but still I could manage to do yoga. Surprise tests in the night were interesting things and the most interesting things were when most of the students complained about the food, sessions, the hexaware training head defended and justified that they were doing well.
Next Java and Domain based training started. I felt like a student as well as a professional. Till then I was tangential to Hexaware. After that I was allotted a project called Aircore which is for developing code for airlines. I was impressed on looking the way I was treated.Swipping, Wearing tags Separate cabin, phone, white board and salary!!! etc… I could feel the professionalism but it was no longer existed. First few months I felt happy but after that it had become a routine. My first job was based on JUnit testing for 4 months. I got so many Telugu friends in my projects. It has become a theorem that almost 30 – 40 % Telugu people in all software companies. I enjoyed their company. As far I know Telugu people never keep anything in their mind even if you say something wrong. They are straight forward. My next project was ‘Data Migration’. I got an opportunity to work with good team members ,good leads and good project managers though one of the PMs was very strict .Learnt much in that project. My final project in hexaware was ‘Aircore Depart’. Little bit perplexed because the project had more than 40 people. It was really good. Over all Hexaware gave me a nice experience.

Lessons learnt in hexaware are enormous few of them are below

1. I must be assertive to tell no for no and yes for yes
2. I must be responsible to take the job
3. I must not blame anyone even if the mistakes are not from my side
4. I must not involve in politics
5. I must not back bite

Will continue!!!

10 comments:

Kaushik said...

First job is like a First love.
Training period is like a honeymoon period
You went for training immediately after getting the job (with nothing job-related in-between). How can someone go for his honeymoon straight after falling in love?
Thank God I just fell in love, and did not venture further.
;)

jithendrian said...

logical thinking ...but love can be after marriage also

PAPPU said...

1. I must be assertive to tell no for no and yes for yes
2. I must be responsible to take the job
3. I must not blame anyone even if the mistakes are not from my side
4. I must not involve in politics
5. I must not back bite


what about gossip??? The kind that you me and mohan indulged in ??

jithendrian said...

pradeep ,how can i forget those things da... that is what i mentioned i should not back bite!!! we did back biting rather than gossiping am i right?

Arun Sanjay said...

.....good leads and good project managers though one of the PMs was very strict .....

I hope the STRICT PM is still not haunting you....:)

Lovoholic said...

i ve been placed in hexaware..they asked me to undergo GTT training .. can any one tell about GTT ? is there any concessions for girls during posting???? i mean will v be asked for preferred location?????? where is this GTT located... thanks in advance!!!!!

Sayan said...

Ii is an interactive blog. Sir I hv been selected in Hexaware Technologies Ltd.dey r asking 30 k fr GTT training .wil it be worth to join ds cmpany ?? plzz dnt misguide..aftr all 3 yrs bond wd 70 k is involved..Do tell me wt wl b d take-home salary d ctc mentioned is 2.36..thnxx in advance

Sam1 said...

I also have the same question as Sayan, I am also placed in Hexaware with the same conditions. I would like to know about the training given in GTT and how was your experiance while working in hexaware??

Priyesh Kannoth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priyesh Kannoth said...

Sir I too have placed in Hexaware and the training will be provided by GTT. I have been asked to pay 34k towards the training cost nd 70k as security deposit for 3yrs. Is it ok to go with it?? And how will the domain be decided??